Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving


As I sit here in the early afternoon on Thanksgiving Day I would like to take a moment to think on the things I am thankful for this year. I have so many things that seem trivial at times but when one sits down to think on it, you realize that even the most simple of incidents can be of importance. I am thankful for so many things and so many people, that I felt today to be an appropriate day to talk on some of them.

Firstly, I'm thankful for my family. After an uncertain start to the year with my father and mother's health issues I am thankful that both have recovered and are doing better than before. I am thankful to have parents such as them in my life and I am thankful to have another year together and I look forward to many more. I am thankful and fortunate to have a brother who I care about very much and I am thankful that he is achieving the goals he set for himself several years ago. He's on the verge of graduating and beginning his career in movies. I am thankful that he worked to follow his dreams and that they are starting to come true. I wish him the greatest success.

On the same lines, I am thankful for the friends and family I have all around me. These are the people who make such an impact on our lives that we often don't realize it. I had the opportunity to see just how much many of our family friends consider me family more than friends when I did my play. So many of them came to help me and give up their time to be a part of it because they consider me more of family than a family friend. Having such people around me makes me realize that I am richer in more ways than money could ever equate to. It is a type of wealth that I am always happy to have them; they are the best, the very bestest.

I am thankful for the brave men and women of our armed forces. Whether you support the war or not; we cannot forget that they are the ones putting their lives on the line to defend their country wherever they are sent. Whether it is to Iraq, Afghanistan or any other corner of the world, they do their duty and put themselves in harms way. We must take a moment to thank them and as we sit with our family and friends, we should all take a moment to remember them and wish them a safe and speedy return home. There is nothing like Thanksgiving and the holidays at home.

I am thankful to have another year to explore this life and seek to discover new things. There is so much to this world that we never see or hear. I hope to make a small dent in these things within my lifetime. I can only try my hardest. I will continue the journey as long as I can. I am thankful for all these things and so much more. Suffice it to say that we all are lucky in our own ways; it is up to us to remember it. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home