Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What More Can She Do?

Now anyone who has read a few of my blogs on politics will know that I'm not a very big fan of Sarah Palin. Of course some would say that that's putting it very very mildly, but it's true. I just can't understand how an educated person who is being objective can look at Palin and actually consider that she would be a good candidate to be President of the United States. I'm not basing it on her level of education (or lack thereof as the case may be). I'm not basing it on her political affiliation and I'm most certainly not basing it on her looks. No. I'm basing it on how she presented herself to the American people in the run up to the elections in November 2008 and how she has continued to carry herself in the months since. Palin has certainly not shied away from the spotlight and continues to try and remain relevant in the public's eye and I'm afraid it's not necessarily helping to portray her in a positive light.


But I should quantify what I state shouldn't I? Okay. Well let me try to articulate my thoughts as best I can. After all, I'm no speech writer and I haven't been the Governor of a state (not even for an incomplete term like Palin) and I certainly haven't been a Vice Presidential nominee so if my views are a bit simplified, it's because I like to think of myself as a relatively normal person. In the nearly year and a half since President Obama took office, the Republican party has attempted to prevent any of his proposals or legislation that he supports go through Congress. It's part of the reason why the Health Care debate raged on as long as it did. Republicans hope that by showing a united front, they can win back control of Congress and then keep President Obama from enacting anything else. And how do they do that? Simple. By doing the same thing that Palin has been doing almost since Election Day in 2008, spewing vitriolic hatred and falsehoods about everything under the sun while milking a gullible public for all they're worth.


What do I mean by gullible public? Well it's those people who foolishly think that Sarah Palin is the greatest thing to come about since sliced bread. They believe that she has the answers for the future of our nation and while that's a very optimistic assumption, I have yet to hear or see anything from this woman that even resembles a plan. Criticizing the President or the opposition party? That's not a plan; that's rhetoric. That's simply pandering to the crowds that believe that Obama is the worst thing to happen to this country since Bill Clinton. These are the people who believe that Obama is a communist even though they can hardly spell it or even state the tenets of communism.


Since leaving the campaign trail and then leaving the governorship of Alaska, Palin has not really done anything to improve her standing among those who aren't already counted among her mindless followers. She hasn't attempted to propose alternate ideas, she hasn't proven that she's trying to learn more about world affairs or how to improve our national security. Other than railing against the Obama Administration against not having invaded Iran as yet, she hasn't said anything about world politics or the economy. She will spout a catchphrase to tell you what she thinks is wrong with this country right now but not a single word about what she'd do different. You know why? Because she doesn't know and neither do the so-called advisers around her. She now spends her time writing books, flaunting her son Trig (when politically or socially to her benefit) and now she's getting ready to launch a limited series on Alaska on the TLC Channel on cable.


Why? Why should she talk about Alaska? Just because she's a former governor? Or because she thinks America should learn more about the 49th state? Or because the anticipated payday will help fill her coffers for her Presidential run in 2012? Well perhaps I'm being too harsh. Perhaps she truly cares for her home state and wants the American public to know more about it. I mean after all, TLC is the network that showed us the dysfunctional and truly screwed up lives of Jon and Kate Goselin and their 8 children. What are they now but punchlines for jokes? Is that what Alaska wants for itself? Again, maybe I'm being a bit harsh. Perhaps the show will do well. That is until Palin decides to leave the show halfway through to prevent the elite media's attention from focusing on how she is exploiting Alaska for her own gains rather than to educate people. At least I'm hoping that we can see a shot of Russia from her yard.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home