Thursday, July 06, 2006

Brother to Brother


It's hard to believe that it is 26 years today since my brother was born. I've doted on him since the beginning. I don't know what it was but mom and dad had both told me at the time that I now had a baby brother that I had to help take care of. I don't know what in that statement made me the way I was but I took that statement to heart. Over the years we've had our tiffs and spats like all siblings will but deep down we always end up having a soft spot for one another. In the beginning I looked the part of the older brother, I was bigger and stronger and made sure that no one messed around with him.

As time has gone on, these roles have reversed, and Amar has become one of the most mature young men I know. He's also bigger and stronger than me so now I rely on him to bail me out of trouble when trouble comes calling. Soft spoken and reserved at time, he has a wonderful wit and sense of humor which when released, can come out in torrents. He restrains his laughter to the point that when it is released, you can be sure that it is for good reason. He is caring and considerate and having been away from home for some time now, he has a great appreciation for his family.

Having grown up with little family in the country, we were more or less just the four of us; mom, dad, Amar and me. We always had our fun and the fact that we didn't have loads of family around always meant that the four of us tried that much harder to make birthdays and holidays even more special. Seeing as how he's finishing up his Masters in San Francisco makes celebrating a bit hard but it just means we have something else to celebrate when he comes to visit.

I consider myself very lucky to have a brother like him. He's well grounded and is a good counter point to my insanity. He's a good friend to talk to and discuss things with. And he's a good brother to have. I miss him and with that he were here to celebrate with but I'm sure he knows that mom, dad and I wish him a very happy birthday and we wish him continued success and we know that it won't be long before we see his name up on the big screen! Have a happy birthday Amar!

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jay,
That was a really nice blog.
I always knew u wrote well.
Just wanted to tell u the same.

I like the pic :)
dont remember who the photographer was .. Neil or me :))

Please join Orkut asap.

Lots of luv
pooja

 

Post a Comment

<< Home