Monday, December 25, 2006

Time Flies


I remember when growing up that the days seemed to pass by so slowly that days you were waiting for seemed to take forever getting there. It was as if the days we were waiting for, be it, birthdays, vacation or that ever popular Christmas. The weeks seemed to drag on until only a few days remained and then those last few days seemed to flow slower than molasssas in January. Finally when the day in question arrived it was such a joy that you had that hope in your heart that time would drag on forever and let that one day of happiness or fun or joy last forever and ever. As time goes on, it seems that time reverses itself and though it is all quite psychological, it still seems to happen. What do I mean? Well take for example this year. I can still remember what I was doing last Christmas when all of a sudden lo and behold, we're already at the next one. In fact, the next one has come and gone already.

As we get older and take on more responsibilities and have more work, more and more time is spent doing other things and not so much on the things we want to do. I began to realize it about six years ago when I began working full time. You begin focussing on the work you have to accomplish and the other responsibilities and there is never enough time to see all of them through. You sometimes find yourself wishing that time would stretch out and that the due date for your work would be a little farther out. Perhaps it is a cosmic result of adults and kids wishing for opposite things that seem to either make time drag or fly depending on your perspective.

The month of December in particular seems to have gone by so quickly that it's hard to believe. The month kicked off with the team party for the play which was loads of fun. It was good to kick back and relax with the whole team after working so hard. Within days of that I was off for California to help pack my brother's things and move him back home. Within a short time of that I was back home starting my new job and finally, here we are on Christmas Night with a week remaining in the year. It's been a whirlwind year for me from so many perspectives. Some great events and some not so great events. Things I will always remember and things I would like to forget. They are all experiences that make up a person and they are key to any personality. I wouldn't lose them for anything. Even the ones we wish would hurry up and get here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home